The Bob’s Burgers Movie is an upcoming American animated musical comedy film based on Loren Bouchard’s animated television series Bob’s Burgers. He co-created with Bernard Derriman and co-wrote, co-produced, and directed. H. Jon Benjamin, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, Larry Murphy, John Roberts, and Kristen Schaal, as well as Zach Galifianakis and Kevin Kline, reprise their roles from the series.
Say it with Linda’s voice: Okay! The Belcher family from Bob’s Burgers is making their big-screen debut.
Bob and Linda Belcher own and operate Bob’s Burgers in a nameless seaside town, where they reside with their three eccentric children, Tina, Gene, and Louise. Fox has renewed the critically acclaimed animated television show for a tenth season. Sassy comedy, family affection, and musical moments are all hallmarks of the show.
The Bob’s Burgers Movie Plot
“The Bob’s Burgers Movie” is an animated, big-screen, musical comedy-mystery-adventure based on the long-running Emmy-winning series. The story begins when ruptured water main creates an enormous sinkhole right in front of Bob’s Burgers, blocking the entrance indefinitely and ruining the Belchers’ plans for a successful summer.
While Bob and Linda struggle to keep the business afloat, the kids try to solve a mystery that could save their family’s restaurant. As the dangers mount, these underdogs help each other find hope and fight to get back behind the counter, where they belong.
- Tuck Tucker and Dale Baer’s final animation effort before their deaths on December 22, 2020, and January 15, 2021, respectively, will be this film.
- Since Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Winnie the Pooh, this will be the first hand-drawn animated picture to be released in theatres by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (2011).
- Turning Red is Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures’ first theatrically released animated film since Encanto, thanks to its Disney+ distribution.
- After The Simpsons Movie, this is the second traditionally animated film from 20th Century Studios to be classified PG-13 by the MPAA.
- After The Simpsons Movie, this is 20th Century Studios‘ second animated film based on a TV show.
When the movie was announced, show creator Loren Bouchard remarked, “We’re happy to be invited to bring Bob’s Burgers to the big screen.” “We understand that the film must satisfy every itch that the show’s viewers have ever had, but it must also appeal to all the nice people who have never seen the show.”
We also know it needs to cover every inch of the screen with the colours, sounds, and somewhat greasy texture of Bob’s world. But most importantly, it needs to transport our characters on an epic journey. To put it another way, it has to be the greatest film ever filmed.
To be honest, in a Bob’s Burgers movie, the plot is less important than having the entire group together on a larger canvas, selling burgers and plotting mischief.
But, in any case, here’s what we know.
Kuchi Kopi gets a little smoky.
In 2018, Bouchard told Entertainment Weekly that the film “would reunite Louise with her beloved nightlight Kuchi Kopi in her dreams for another surreal adventure.”
Listen to this, Louise.
Why does Louise, the youngest Belcher, insist on wearing pink bunny ears all of the time? According to Bouchard, the film will explain everything.
I have music.
Fans are well aware of how frequently the Belchers and their friends appear to burst into song. (Has anyone seen “Bad Things Happen in the Bathroom?”?) So it’s encouraging to hear Roberts declare that, while the cast is unaware of the plot, “I do know it’s extremely musical and I’m sure it’ll be amazing!” John/Linda, you’re performing our song.
The Bob’s Burgers Movie Cast
- Bob Belcher, Jimmy Junior, Ms. LaBonz, Speedo Guy, and
- Kuchi Kopi is all played by H. Jon Benjamin.
- Dan Mintz in the role of Tina Belcher
- Gene Belcher is played by Eugene Mirman.
- Teddy is played by Larry Murphy.
- Linda Belcher is played by John Roberts, and Jocelyn Smith is Jocelyn Smith.
- Louise Belcher is played by Kristen Schaal.
- Felix Fischoeder, played by Zach Galifianakis
- Calvin Fischoeder is played by Kevin Kline.
- Courtney Wheeler is played by David Wain.
- Hugo is played by Sam Seder.
- Darryl is played by Aziz Ansari.
- Mr. Frond is played by David Herman.
- Sgt. Bosco is played by Gary Cole.
- Regular-Sized Rudy is played by Brian Huskey.
- Tammy is played by Jenny Slate.
- Ron Lynch in the role of Ron
- Stephanie Beatriz in the role of Chloe Barbash
There’s no way this movie could be done without the Belchers’ and their pals’ distinctive voices. The voice cast for the program should be the same. (We’re hoping to see non-Belchers like Marshmallow and Gene’s pal Alex in the film as well.) We’ll update this page if we learn of any special guest stars or confirmed minor characters who will appear.
The Bob’s Burgers Movie Release Date
The Bob’s Burgers Movie will be released in theatres on May 27, 2022, in the United States. The film was originally set to hit theatres on July 17, 2020. Due to a scheduling issue, the film was briefly removed from the schedule. Due to the global health catastrophe caused by the COVID-19 epidemic, Disney stated that the film’s release date has been moved back to April 9, 2021.
The film was officially dropped from the release schedule on January 22, 2021. Despite the fact that the film is still in development, Bouchard emphasized that a new release date would not be announced until people felt entirely safe returning to theatres. It was officially announced for a Memorial Day weekend release date of May 27, 2022, on September 10, 2021.
The Bob’s Burgers Movie is an upcoming American animated musical comedy film based on Loren Bouchard’s animated television series Bob’s Burgers. The burst water main produces a massive sinkhole in front of Bob’s Burgers, shutting the entrance indefinitely and sabotaging the Belchers’ summer plans.
The kids try to discover a riddle that could save their family’s restaurant while Bob and Linda fight to keep the business solvent. As the stakes get higher, these underdogs band together to find hope and get back behind the counter.
The Bob’s Burgers Movie will be released in theatres in the United States by 20th Century Studios on May 27, 2022, after a nearly two-year delay due to the COVID-19 epidemic.