Short Story: The Truth About PTD Webmail
Hey guys! If you have any questions regarding PTD Webmail, then you are on the right platform. I am here to give answers of your all questions like What is PTD? And how we can take advantage from their services?
PTD (PenTeleData) is a company that was founded in 1994 and is locally-owned in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. They provide services in Business, Healthcare, Government Sales, Retail Sales, Banking, and Education sectors. PTD delivers business solutions and offers the following important services:
- Networking (Transferring files using any LAN connection)
- Security (provide information security management services)
- IT services (maintain and repair with highest quality hardware)
- E-Mail (An affordable e-mail server for only 60$ per month for your small business).
- Dedicated Ethernet (For high speeds up to 1GBPS)
- Business Voice (features can be customized according to the requirement of our business)
In this article, we will discuss the PTD webmail, a valuable service provided by them.
What is PTD Webmail?
PTD stands for PenTeleData webmail. It is a web-based email client that helps us check our email at any time, either home or work using any internet connection.
If you are a beginner and don’t know what is PTD webmail and how to create a PTD account? How this platform helps you to manage your emails and how you can take benefits of services provided by PTD? Then don’t worry guys, I am going to explain all these points in this article. So, stay with me till the end.
Now, A question is arising in my mind what is this email client? What is the difference between webmail and client mail? Let us start getting knowledge about all these things.
There are two main types of email service providers: Email clients and webmail.
- The Email client is a web based application that lives on our device and helps us to read, write and send emails. Here are some of the examples like Outlook, windows live mail, Gmail, etc.
- With email clients, our emails are fetched on our device and backed up on their hard drive.
- In the case of webmails, our emails have a backup on the server. So, webmails are more reliable and safe in case our system got crashed.
- A great advantage of email clients is that we can improve our workflow and manage our emails offline.
- We can avoid spam messages to reach our inbox using this PTD email client service.
- We can create a list of domains and email addresses that are trustworthy and can download any mails from them automatically.
How to create PTD Webmail?
Firstly, to create a PTD webmail account, we need to download any desktop email applications e.g., Mailbird, Postbox, Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, etc. After that we have to change our server settings, as shown below:
IMAP/SMTP server: promail.ptd.net
IMAP Port : 993 and SMTP port: 587
IMAP security : SSL/TLS and SMTP security: STARTTLS
Username: Must be 4-8 characters in length.
Password: Must be 7-8 characters long, which includes at least one special character and one number.
We have successfully created the PTD webmail account after completing the required settings, as shown in the screenshots above.
How to log in and Access PTD Account
We may have up to five free email addresses having @ptd.net extension. It is recommended to use My PenTeleData webmail to access our account. The steps which we need to follow are:
- Navigate https://promail.ptd.net URL. A window will appear as shown below:
- Now, we need to enter the username and password.
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ button.
Following these steps will open our account. Further, we can access our PTD webmail account.
Features of PTD Webmail
- Can use multiple email addresses.
- No limit on the number of emails to be sent and received. Provides complimentary 5GB space for email storage, after which new emails will be returned back to the sender.
- Provides drag and drop option for email
- New search feature make it easy to search emails by typing in the search box sender’s name or subject name.
- Check for new emails after a defined time interval(like 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc.)
- All the important facilities like spelling checker, emoticons and multiple signatures, etc. are provided.
- Adding all email contacts to address book makes our work easy.
- We can sort emails by its size and date also.
- Provides calendar and tab based layout.
- Auto-reply messages can be set according to need. For example, out of office or messages at a specific time can be automatically sent to a defined email address.
New version and updates of PTD webmail
IMAP4 is the latest version, which is similar to POP3 but has advanced features. Using IMAP4, While the messages are on mail server we can still search using our keywords and download the desired message on our device.
There is great big news for PTD webmail users. PTD has released a notice on August 06, 2020, regarding the release of the new & Improved PenTeleData email user interface with the migration to a new platform beginning August 17th,2020.
- In this notice, they have told their customers that they are migrating their existing PenTeleData (PTD) email account service to a new hosting platform over the course of the following weeks. For this migration, they have made all the necessary arrangements so that their customers would not require any intervention or changes at their end.
- All PTD customers’ email settings will remain the same, including customer emails, calendar events, and preferences. All this data will be transferred to the new platform automatically.
- They will also inform their customers about the day their email accounts will be migrated to the new hosting platform by sending an email at least two days in advance of this change.
- A new user interface (UI) will be introduced for the customers who are using My PenTeleData Webmail to manage their PenTeleData (PTD) email accounts.
- This new UI will be responsive and will provide users with a consistent and easy to use email & collaboration experience. This will allow users to move seamlessly between desktop, mobile and tablet browsers.
For users using Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer will no longer be supported with PenTeleData’s (PTD’s) email hosting service. But here is a catch, Internet Explorer 11 will continue to function with limited capacity where users will not be able to access new user interface. So, users are advised to upgrade their browsers to Microsoft Edge or any other modern browser.
For Users who book-mark the pages
During the migrations, users will see a new temporary URL when logged into the webmail interface. This new URL (https://promail-legacy.ptd.net/) would be necessary for PenTeleData to complete the migration process. So, users are advised not to book-mark URL or used manually to access the system.
Still, if you have any questions or issues with this migration, then you can reach out to PenTeleData’s Technical Support Department at 800.281.3564. After dialing, select option 2 and then select option 3 to reach their technical team.
Also Check: HOTMAIL, Complete Information In 7 Easy steps
I had tried my best to make this content equally helpful for both the persons, one who is a beginner and the other who is already taking benefit of the services provided by PTD. Don’t you think so?
I had covered all the necessary points like creating, accessing and using a PTD account, that a person should know about If he/she is a beginner.
Also, For the people who had their PTD account already, there is an important update regarding the migration of their account to a new hosting platform and introduction of a new UI.
If you have any doubts regarding any of the above topics then please share with me. I’ll definitely help you to resolve your problems. And stay connected with us for latest updates on PTD Webmail.