Kim Namjoon (born September 12, 1994) is a South Korean rapper, songwriter, and record producer who goes by the moniker RM (previously Rap Monster). He is the South Korean boy band BTS's leader. In 2015, he released RM, his debut solo mixtape.
Mono, his second mixtape, reached number 26 on the Billboard 200 list in October 2018. Among the musicians with whom he has collaborated are Wale, Younha, Warren G, Gaeko, Krizz Kaliko, MFBTY, Fall Out Boy, Primary, and Lil Nas X BTS band.
Ambulance Action-Thriller Movie 2022 Produced By Michael Bay Review!
What Will Happen in Snowpiercer Season 4 ?
Why Devon Allen Signed a Contract with The Philadelphia Eagles After Six Years?
Kim Namjoon Early Life
Namjoon developed an interest in hip-hop music at the age of eleven after hearing Epik High's “Fly” in fifth grade. He learned that music provided him with comfort. As a result, he determined to learn more about the genre. Namjoon developed an interest in lyricism after being introduced to Eminem by a teacher. He began writing lines he felt were “great” and shared them with his friends.
After hearing Epik High's “Fly” in fifth grade, Namjoon grew interested in hip-hop music at the age of eleven. He discovered that the music had brought him solace, and as a result, he decided to learn more about the genre. Following a teacher's introduction to Eminem, Namjoon became interested in lyricism, printing lines he thought were “awesome” and sharing them with his buddies.
Namjoon then moved on to composing songs, claiming that when his poetry was merged with music, it became lyrics. Namjoon began rapping in local amateur hip-hop circles as a first-year middle school student in 2007. He started creating his first self-composed track for the first time using the tool Adobe Audition (then called Cool Edit).
Namjoon went on to perform at his debut concert in 2008. Under the name “Runch Randa,” Namjoon became increasingly active in the underground Korean hip-hop scene. Releasing a slew of singles and collaborations with various underground rappers, like Zico.
Kim Namjoon Personal Life
RM Namjoonand his bandmates have been living in Hannam-dong, Seoul, South Korea, since 2018. He purchased a property in Seoul's Yongsan District for 4.9 billion in November 2019 and sold it for 5.8 billion a year later. It was announced in June 2021 that he had purchased a new home in Hannam-dong for US$5.7 million.
RM Namjoon contributed $100 million to the Seoul Samsun School to enable hearing-impaired youngsters to obtain music education for his 25th birthday. He was named one of the ten 2020 Patrons of the Arts by the Korean Arts Council in December 2020. In recognition of his $100 million donations to the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art for the printing and distribution of rare art books to schools and libraries in rural and mountainous areas.
Kim Namjoon Career
Namjoon collaborated with American rapper Wale on a unique socially conscious tune titled “Change” in March 2017. The track was released as a free digital download alongside a music video recorded barely two weeks before the track's release.
Namjoon chose the theme of “Change,” claiming that while the two rappers were very different, they shared a political and social condition in which they both wanted the world to change for the better.
A month later, RM collaborated with Gaeko of Dynamic Duo on the track “Gajah.” In December of that year, RM worked on a remix of Fall Out Boy's “Champion.” The song charted at number 18 on Billboard's Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles, while RM was ranked 46 on the Emerging Artists Chart for the week of January 8, 2018. On December 27, RM became the first K-pop artist to chart on the Rock Digital Songs chart, placing second on the list.
On October 23, 2018, RM released Mono, his second mixtape, which he referred to as a “playlist.”
With the playlist, he became the first Korean artist to reach number one on the Emerging Artists Chart in the United States.
The playlist was well-received by critics, with RM revealing “his inner vulnerabilities on songs like “Tokyo” and “Seoul.” Honne, a British electropop duo, produced the song “Seoul.” After seeing Namjoon promote their music on Twitter, Honne tracked down Namjoon and visited him in Seoul after one of their shows. The two felt compelled to work with RM as a result of their encounter.
In November, RM collaborated with Tiger JK on his final and final album as Drunken Tiger, featuring on the single “Timeless,” before retiring the moniker. Honne stated on March 25, 2019, that RM had contributed a feature to their rendition of “Crying Over You” with vocalist BEKA, which was released on March 27.
Honne first released “Crying Over You” in 2018, with only BEKA contributing a verse. Big Hit Entertainment released the song “Persona” as a trailer for BTS' EP Map of the Soul: Persona on the same day, with RM performing it solo.
On Billboard's YouTube Song Chart, Persona debuted at number 17. Three months later, on July 24, 2019, RM appeared on the “Seoul Town Road” remix of Lil Nas X's “Old Town Road,” “infusing his English-language line with a surprisingly nice Southern accent.”
It was confirmed on December 29 that RM would be featured on Younha's track “Winter Flower,” which will be released on January 6, 2020. RM also appears on the title track of eAeon's second solo album, “Don't,” which was released on April 30th, 2021.
Interesting Facts About RM Kim Namjoon
- RM Namjoon is a big fan of art. The 27-year-old rapper and composer may be found at museums and art galleries when he is not working on new projects. RM's Instagram feed demonstrates his passion for art, architecture, and literature.
- BTS's leader also happens to be the group's tallest member. Namjoon, who stands at 181 cm (5 feet 11 inches) tall, is clearly the tallest person in the room.
- RM Namjoon is not only a fantastic artist, but he has also excelled in the classroom. According to an AllKpop story, RM Namjoon has a 148 IQ and received a 900 on the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) exam when he was in middle school.
- When the globe was on lockdown due to the epidemic in 2020, RM Namjoon informed his followers via Weverse that he had been studying English. After ten years, the rapper released a photo of his TOEIC exam study sheet, revealing that he had taken the test for pleasure. RM was an underground rapper before joining BTS. Runch Randa was his stage name at the time.
- In 2018, RM made history as the first K-pop star to speak before the United Nations. At the United Nations, RM Namjoon was joined by his fellow BTS members to support their campaign for self-love and mental health awareness.
- This year, BTS band could make history by winning the Grammy Awards for the first time. The K-pop quartet is the first to be nominated twice in a row for the prestigious Recording Academy Awards.
- Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation Season 2: Renewed or Cancelled?
- Ink Master Season 9: Review, Facts and Things You Should Notice
- How Mitch Mcconnell Became America’s Wealthiest Senator 2022?
RM Namjoon, the band's leader, is well-paid for his songwriting abilities. He's credited as a songwriter on more than 130 tracks. A song for the Korean soundtrack of the film Fantastic Four was also one of his solo releases. His net worth is estimated to be approximately $20 million.