If you are dedicated and focused on learning Python, it will take you around 6 months to get python certified. How? Read on to know.
Python, an extremely popular and robust programming language for a wide variety of applications, was started as an ad hoc project. Yes, it was not intended earlier as a major programming language but merely as a small project to get through the Christmas holidays. Python was started by well-known programmer Guido van Rossum while working on a better scripting language for hackers. It is believed that language is named after a snake. However, it is named after the famous British Comedy Troupe “Monty Python.” Python is based on ABC, a general-purpose programming language.
Python is becoming the first choice of developers as it offers multiple advantages in many fields. Python developers have a range of modules to deal with scientific data such as Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, etc. It allows all necessary operations for transforming the data and makes useful inferences. With matplotlib and seaborn, one can create helpful reports or visualization to communicate the findings easily. Over the years, it has replaced the use of Matlab in the research field with its open-source modules. Python has modules for image processing or computer vision. Artificial Intelligence modules such as OpenCV, Keras, and TensorFlow are widely used and growing. Modules such as Django and Flask help in web development.
The ever-growing popularity, irresistible features, and strong presence in a wide range of sectors have made Python extremely difficult to avoid, especially in the IT domain. It belongs to the core skill-set utilized in the spectrum of roles in the IT space. It has grown significantly over the years and became a must-learn language for working professionals. Individuals need to understand the Python language to leverage the diverse career opportunities associated with it. If you are working or interested in working in the IT domain or research field, it is vital to gain advanced Python skills. Many Python courses are available for getting a good hold of the advanced Python concepts.
The present article will list Python’s aspects, essential features and list Python certifications to build a promising career.
Python is a simple, multi-paradigm, and general-purpose programming language developed by the dutch programmer in 1991. Python is easy to learn due to its English like syntax.
A multi-paradigm programming language supports different approaches for scripting. Python supports different approaches such as procedural, functional, and object-oriented. In simple words, you may create classes and objects in Python and explicitly define object types.
Dynamically-Typed language is when the variable is interpreted or checked at the runtime against a Statically-Typed language, which performs a check at compile time. Therefore programmers need not declare the type of variable in advance. An interpreted language is one in which code is executed one line at a time by interpreters. It helps in debugging the code.
Python has extensive open-source modules that enable individuals to perform various tasks for their application. This helps programmers avoid writing codes for every job and saves a considerable amount of time and effort. This further increases productivity as programmers can concentrate on the parts which need new coding. Name anything, and you would find modules for quick reference. Some of the common examples wherein extensive modules are available for help: web browsers, networking, data science, unit testing, etc.
Good community support is an essential element for selecting any tool. A small or no community will result in insufficient support in any critical issues during the project. It can result in a waste of considerable time and effort. It can cause prolonged delay or even be severe to halt your project. The tool with a big community helps you to resolve issues quickly. A lot of experienced users can guide you in case of problems with the tool. Python has a large user base and a big community to support you in critical times. If you search online, you can find ample documents on a variety of issues.
As you come across Python’s advantages, let us explore the procedure to get the Python certification.
- Defining career goals – It is irrelevant to achieve certifications that do not align with your career goal. Understanding your passion, current role, and long term goal is the primary step.
- Listing the essential certification – Before getting certified, one needs to explore all available certifications in Python, ratings of the institute offering certifications, and the effort required to achieve the certification. Listing all the certification will help professionals to seek certification aligned to their aspirations and career goals. Here are some Python certifications which can add value to your career.
- PCEP – Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer
- PCAP – Certified Associate in Python Programming
- CEPP – Certified Expert in Python Programming
- PCPP-32-1 – Certified Professional in Python Programming 1
- PCPP-32-2 – Certified Professional in Python Programming 2
- Online Courses – Online courses are the most promising way to gain essential skills in a short span of time and prepare for the certifications. Courses have all the updated content curated for certificates and drafted by field experts or experienced institute faculties. Good courses allow you to practice the learned concepts via real-world examples, mock tests, projects, and tutorials. Distractions and busy schedules are the worst enemies for any goal to achieve. Training courses keep you going with a defined plan, and don’t let you lose focus. Training courses will help to achieve the desired knowledge to get the certification.
- Books – Apart from training content, books relevant to subjects are the best ways to enhance your understanding. Together with training, it clarifies your doubts and makes it easier for you to get a deep understanding of the subject. It is strongly recommended to go through the books and update yourself with all concepts. However, you do not need to read all books, only referred by training providers during the course.
- GitHub Account and Revision Control – In most organizations, individuals need to work in teams on bigger projects involving extensive coding and development. This, in turn, requires individuals to store their codes and access other’s codes on Github frequently. Each needs to work following standard practices and clearly defining the code revision for better debugging in the future. Github is a platform to share your codes, practice revision control, and develop skills to maintain complex scripts. It is in the best interest of individuals to create a Github account. It helps individuals to showcase their coding skills to a broader audience and learn from other users. Moreover, it is accessible from anywhere and profits at a crucial time.
Join an online Python course and seek a certification inline with your aspirations. It will benefit you in the long run both in terms of skills gained and better earning potential. Several good online courses are available to prepare yourself and start your journey.