Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3: Release Date | Cast | Story Twist
Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is an upcoming superhero film, based on Marvel Comics, and also a sequel to the previous Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1 and Vol.2, Avengers: Endgame, and more upcoming movies like Thor: Love & Thunder and Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.
It will be the thirty-third in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the tenth installment of Phase 4. The film is yet to release as expected on May 5, 2023.
Blue Story Explanations – Everything We Know
We will be talking about the upcoming film with the characters introduced and exiting, the plot twist, and other changes after Phase 3 of the MCU.
- CHRIS PRATT AS STAR-LORD
- ZOE SALDANA AS GAMORA
- DAUVE BATISTA AS DRAX
- BRADLEY COOPER (VOICING AS ROCKET RACCOON)
- VIN DIESEL (VOICING AS GROOT)
- KAREN GILLIAN AS NEBULA
- POM KLEMENTIEFF AS MANTIS
- ELIZABETH DEBICKI AS AYESHA
- SEAN GUNN AS KRAGLIN OBFONTERI
- SLYVESTER STALLONE AS STAKAR OGORD
- VING RHAMES AS CHARLIE-27
- DREW BYRAN BACHELOR (TO BE A CONFIRMED CHARACTER)
Is This James Gunn Last Mcu or Guardian’s Movie?
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, James Gunn revealed that this will be the last movie of this franchise. Sounds like Gunn won’t be directing any movies with MCU or working with it?
Well, no one can say for sure. He also mentioned “I am a guy who says never says “never” but there are people who still come back even after saying” never”.
But he has assured the fans that this will be his last Guardians movie.
The filmmaker confirmed that the production will start in Georgia in November and the title was confirmed by Gunn as “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3”
Outlander Season 5 Where Can I Watch This Fantasy, Sci-fiction Drama? More Updates!
While the director was spending two years from the past make “The Suicide Squad” and the TV series on HBO MAX “Peacemaker”, he said the script was already finished like years ago.
He said that some minor things need to be given as a finishing touch to a new draft. Look what he said: –
“It's basically been finished for years. I keep fiddling with different things and adding things, and figuring out permutations and stuff- I’m in the middle of doing another draft now – but it’s really small stuff in comparison to what it has been. It’s basically finished since three years ago”
As we see the sequel of this film came in 2017 and it was a massive hit as the MCU Fans loved each character the way it was portrayed. As the director mentioned that the script was complete so what were the reasons that it got delayed.
What Went Wrong? Reasons for Delay of Filming?
- In March 2017 James Gunn stated that they are planning for a third Guardians of the Galaxy film.
- In April 2017 he announced that he will return to write and direct “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3” as it will conclude the story of the first film and will help to launch the old and new characters in the next ten years and beyond. These three films will work together as one story.
- In April 2018, Chris Pratt confirmed that he will come back in the role of Star-Lord as the following next month Dave Bautista confirmed as the role of Drax The Destroyer.
- In June 2018, Kevin Fiege stated that the director has completed his first draft, and the screenplay of the film will start in early 2019.
- In July 2018, The Walt Disney Company had broken ties with James Gunn for the old Twitter posts of Gunn which show the subject of rape and pedophilia.
- In that response, the cast members including the main cast came in support and stated in favor of Gunn. The production got on hold as he was fired from the company so that both “Disney” and “Marvel” would regroup.
- In March 2019, James Gunn was rehired by Disney Studios. The studio chairman Alan Horn met Gunn on multiple occasions to discuss the situation.
- Gunn’s public apology and his handling of the situation after, Horn reinstated him as the director of the film.
- According to the reports, it was told that the production was expected to begin in 2020.
- On July 20, 2019, at the San-Diego Comic-Con, Kevin Fiege had confirmed many projects including Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3.
- One of the main casts, Karen Gillian had revealed on November 29, 2019, that she read the script and even finished it.
- In November 2020 it was stated the film would begin shooting in late 2021.
- During Disney’s Investor Day, Kevin Fiege had revealed that the film would be released in 2023.
- On May 3rd, 2021, it was a final reveal that it will be released on May 5, 2023.
- It was reported that the production has shifted from London to Atlanta.
Who’s Back in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3?
As we are not certain that who’s coming back in the movie but we can assure you safely that the main characters will be there as the other cast has been talking about the film.
We can see that Chris Pratt as Star-Lord, Dave Bautista as Drax, Karen Gillian as Nebula, Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon, Vin Diesel as Groot, and Pom Klementieff as Mantis.
But after the events of Avengers: Endgame we can see Zoe Saldana as Gamora is back so we’ll be seeing her again.
The fans know that Gamora was killed in Avengers: Infinity War, but she was introduced from the past timeline of 2014 and after Tony Stark saved the day by defeating Thanos she went missing.
Zoe Saldana has stated she wants to explore the bad side of her in the third Guardians movie.
As the new movie is coming “Thor: Love and Thunder” there might be a crossover of the Guardians or Thor in the third Guardians movie.
Is Drax No More Part of the Mcu?
Dave Bautista as Drax The Destroyer will no more be a part of the MCU after the movie Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3. In an interview, the former WWE wrestler had stated that after the movie “It might be the end of Drax.”
He also mentioned that the company is not very interested or it doesn’t fit the way the things got mapped out. As far as I know, Guardians 3 will be my last movie and it will be the end of Drax.”
There might be rumors but Drax might get a solo movie in the MCU. But there is a catch. The movie will be R-rated as most of the Marvel movies don’t have R-rated outings so far, it might be the first MCU R- rated movie.
What Will Be Movie Be About? Is It the End of the Story?
There are specific plots about the third movie which are wrapped for filming for now but it will come to a conclusion which will be epic as per the story which began with the first movie “Guardians of the Galaxy”
After Avengers: Endgame it seems it will revolve around searching Gamora as she was disappeared after the big fight with the Mad Titan Thanos.
He’s also teased that the movie will be pretty heavy in an emotional way which the fans might have to go through.
As Karen Gillian said when she read the script there was full of tears because the story is brilliant, funny, and emotional and all the things that are needed to show in the movie.
Getting back to Ayesha who is Golden High Priestess of the Sovereign you will probably remember in the mid-credits scene in GOTG 2 that she was looking at the cocoon in which she said the word “Adam”
That is Adam Warlock, the cosmic superhero of Marvel Comics. They just teased a little bit by the credit scenes. Gunn said he will be a part of a film which might be later.
Adam Warlock has a connection to the Infinity Stones which was shown in Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame but he was not still introduced.
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special on Disney+.
On Disney Investor’s Day James Gunn has revealed that he will be writing and directing The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special that might come out at the end of 2022. This will be showing on the online platform in Disney+ which might be connected to the final movie.
So, Marvel fans you might catch all these up to understand the story before watching the final sequel of this big movie.