Gone Girl – A film which is based on real life story of Laci Peterson. She was 8 months pregnant and went missing on 25th December 2002.
For lot of viewers, Gone girl ending is a big disappointment. Why? In this article you will get to know everything about Gone girl ending.
But before proceeding, let’s have a quick overview on who produce and direct this film.
In this series, you can see interesting stories and this series will keep you hooked.
- It is based on an American Psychological thriller film.
- The director of the film is David_Fincher.
- The origin of the country was the United States.
- It’s running time was 149 minutes long.
- The editing is done by Kirk Baxter.
- The language of the series was English.
- The budget of this was $61 million.
Who is Laci Peterson ?
Laci Denise Peterson is n american women who was born on May 4, 1975 was a witness of a high profile murder case and she was eight months pregnant women with her first child after that she was reportedly last seen alive on December 24, 2002.
Gone Girl Ending Explained
On the occasion of their 5th anniversary, Nick reports to the police about her wife, Amy, being missing. She is famous because of her parent’s book Amazing Amy which is based on her. Because of which the police and media kept a great pressure on Nick.
One thing led to another and everyone began to think, “Did Nick kill his wife?”. Everyone believed in it and was looking for answers to the same question.
As the movie continues with different investigations, trials and proofs it was proved that Nick is the killer of her wife.
But this wasn’t true, Amy was alive while Nick got to know that he was not the only one who got framed by Amy for being guilty under law.
One day she came back home, alive but till then Nick knew all about her plans and plots made to frame Nick as his killer.
At last, they both were creating plots and plans for one another to bring the reality in front of everyone but now Amy has something big in her mind, a very different plan.
Does Gone Girl Have a Good Ending ?
The answer is “Yes” because at the end of the movie Amy wins the battle and Nick lives his whole life under the thumb of Amy, it shows how heartless Amy Elliott Dunne is.
Is Gone Girl Ending Different from the Book?
There is a very minor difference between the film, book and ending of Gone girl. But a report suggested that they have exaggerated in the movie. The fans were disappointed as they wished Nick would have taken revenge on her, in the film set up. But unfortunately this wasn’t the ending they gave in the movie
Gone Girl Climax
The climax made for Gone Girl begins when Amy kills Desi. But she rethought her plan to shift all her faults and blame to her.
How did Amy Get Pregnant in Gone Girl?
Few years back she took Nick to a fertility clinic and got his sperm. She now got pregnant with that sperm and Nick has no idea about it.
Now, Nick has no choice but to stay with her as she is now pregnant with his baby. Also if he now leaves, all the media will show him as the bad guy, where he was the one who was falsely framed. Amy wins in this psycho game of hers and Nick now has to live with Amy for his life accepting how dangerous Amy can be.
Why did Nick stay with Amy in Gone Girl?
Even after all the stress Amy gave to Nick, Nick decided to stay because he cannot imagine his life with all the tension she gives to him and also soon learns about her pregnancy.This gave him another reason to stay.
What mental illness does Amy have in Gone Girl?
She had mental illness because of her parents who wrote a book called Amazing Amy and showed her to be a perfectionist. Reading that book Amy is also now a perfectionist and that triggers her narcissistic personality disorder.
Will there be Gone Girl Season 2?
As of now there is no news regarding Season 2 , but we can only hope for the season 2 that is expected to come in 2022 or later.
Is Gone Girl a Bad Movie ?
Yes, because it doesn’t work with the clever misdirection and it lies with the fans and audience and after that it shows that lies as a twist. According to the user’s high potential they are just saying ” Gone Girl is just a worst film” and also the worst movie of David Fincher’s career.
- Missi Pyle as Ellen Abbott (a cable TV host based on Nancy Grace)
- Emily Ratajkowski as Andie Fitzgerald (Nick’s mistress and student)
- Casey Wilson as Noelle Hawthorne (Nick and Amy’s neighbor)
- Lola Kirke as Greta (a young woman Amy meets at the Ozarks campground)
- Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne (a teacher)
- Rosamund Pike as Amy Elliott Dunne (Nick’s missing wife)
- Neil Patrick Harris as Desi Collings (Amy’s wealthy ex-boyfriend)
- Tyler Perry as Tanner Bolt (Nick’s attorney)
- Carrie Coon as Margo “Go” Dunne (Nick’s twin sister)
- Kim Dickens as Detective Rhonda Boney (the lead investigator on Amy’s disappearance)
- Patrick Fugit as Officer James Gilpin (Boney’s partner)
- Boyd Holbrook as Jeff (a flirtatious man Amy meets at the Ozarks campground)
- Lisa Banes as Marybeth Elliott (Amy’s mother)
- Sela Ward as Sharon Schieber (a network TV host)
- Scoot McNairy as Tommy O’Hara (a former boyfriend of Amy’s)
- Scott Takeda as TV Producer
- David Clennon as Rand Elliott (Amy’s father)
- Kathleen Rose Perkins as Shawna Kelly.
Comment your favorite character in the given section below.
Where Can We Watch Gone Girl?
You can easily stream it on Amazon Prime. Before watching, just subscribed to it.
Here , you can watch the trailer of Gone girl in the given link mentioned below.
Release Date : Gone Girl
It was released on September 26, 2014 (NYFF), and on October 3, 2014 (United States) .
It opened the 52nd New York film festival and received high profile from there , also positive reviews.
The series got just incredible ratings from the users.
- It has got an imdb rating 8.1/10 by 901k users.
- It has a rotten tomatoes rating of 87%/100% .
- It has a Metacritic rating of 8.2/10.
Let’s end up with this article. Till now you understand and know about this American psychological thriller.
If this article helped you in any way and if you have anything to ask please let me know in the comment section.
Share this article with your friends and teammates also and if you want to know more about your favourite web series, games and movies , just spend time on our website.