The crew behind The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor produced the Netflix spooky movie The Fall Of The House of Usher, which also stars Mark Hamill (Star Wars) in the eerie story.
The eight-part series produced by Mike Flanagan is based on the Gothic horror story The Fall Of The House of Usher by American author Edgar Allan Poe(opens in new tab) and features themes of lunacy, family, isolation, and tragedy, as well as a highly frightening family mansion that is claimed to be alive!
Here is all we currently know about the forthcoming supernatural horror series The Fall Of The House Of Usher, which also stars Supergirl and Cagney and Lacey actor Carl Lumbly, Battlestar Galactica's Mary McDonnell, and The Resident's Bruce Greenwood.
The Release date of The Fall of the House of Usher
Currently, production on The Fall of the House of Usher is underway. Frank Langella was terminated after an investigation discovered that he engaged in wrongdoing on set. The actors and crew were permitted to continue shooting scenes without Roderick Usher, played by Frank Langella until the part was recast. As far as we are aware, everything is on schedule, and we anticipate its release sometime in 2022, possibly in time for Halloween.
The Storyline of The Fall Of The House Of Usher
The Fall of the House of Usher was originally published in 1839 as a spooky short story by Edgar Allan Poe. Roderick Usher and his twin sister Madeline reside in a mansion that, according to Roderick, is alive and exerts some measure of influence over its residents.
Madeline has bizarre, death-like trances, while Roderick's mental instability and hysteria are worsening. The story depicts a family's descent into madness and seclusion, whereas the new Netflix series is touted as a modern retelling that draws from other Poe tales to tell an epic tale of greed, terror, and tragedy.
Production Status of The Fall of the House of Usher
Filming was slated to begin on January 24, 2022, in Vancouver, Canada, and would last for four months, according to Production Weekly's listing from December 2021. It was originally slated to conclude on May 25, 2022. A number of actors' social media posts on the production confirmed that filming had begun. Kate Siegel uploaded on January 26 a photo of a sign bearing the new series' logo. Flanagan later emphasized that although the entire ensemble was in Canada, filming had not yet begun.
The cast of The Fall of The House Of Usher
Mike Flanagan is renowned for his extensive work with actors on many projects. Numerous actors from The Haunting of Hill House and, more recently, Midnight Mass will reprise their roles in The Fall of the House of Usher. Let's run through the cast now, and we'll separate the recurring Mike Flanagan players from the newcomers to the Flanagan universe.
Among the returning cast members from previous Mike Flanagan films are:
- Carla Gugino (lead in Gerald's Game, Olivia Crain in Hill House, Older Jamie in Bly Manor, and cameo in Midnight Mass)
- Kate Siegel (Erin Greene in Midnight Mass, Viola in Bly Manor, and Theodora Crain in Hill House)
- Zach Gilford (Riley Flynn in Midnight Mass) will also appear in There's Something Wrong with the Children, directed by Mike Flanagan.
- Rebecca Gish (Dr. Sarah Gunning in Midnight Mass, Mrs. Dudley in Hill House)
- Henry Thomas (Ed Flynn in Midnight Mass, Henry Wingrave in Bly Manor) is a fictional character portrayed by Ed Flynn in Midnight Mass and Henry Wingrave in In addition to Gerald's Game and Doctor Sleep)
- Samantha Sloyan (Bev Keane in Midnight Mass, Leigh Crain in Hill House)
- Rahul Kohli (Sheriff Hassan in Midnight Mass, Owen in Bly Manor)
- Michael Trucco (Wade in Midnight Mass) T'Nia Miller (Hannah Grose in Bly Manor)
It will be intriguing to watch how closely they adhere to the original source material. It appears that this will not be the only story utilized in this series. Earlier in the year, Deadline claimed that the series would consist of eight unrelated episodes. Netflix Life will provide further The Fall of the House of Usher-related stories and updates.