Covid19 pandemic in all world to impose a lockdown in their respective countries & many companies have started their work from home. Classes & meetings all are shifted online on video conference. Video conferencing app providers excited to know the number of downloads that record 62 million in April. In Europe, there is a social networking app Houseparty has seen double growth, whereas Skype & Zoom has also seen the number of new users. I will show you how some apps have benefits during this pandemic. The most crucial challenge is to find the best video conferencing solution for your eLearning system. Most of the school's offices use video conference technology to stay connected with their children or employees.
What is Video Conferencing?
Video conferencing is an online meeting that takes place over the internet to connect video conferencing systems in meeting rooms with personal devices such as laptops or mobile devices with embedded webcams. Utilizing a simple, unified video conference solution with support for screen sharing empowers your global teams to be more connected, productive, and engaged. It is a method of communication that uses the web to connect a group of people via a live video and audio feed.
Benefits of using video conferencing
Digital Workforce enabled
- Best Video conferencing apps creates a more exciting meeting in your organization. In today’s digital workforce & Video conference meetings, teams help to maintain human relations. It can improve your ability to work globally.
Simple Management and Usage of video conferencing
- Company teams need access to the solution via video conferencing or screen sharing & real-time instant message. It makes communication easy.
Communication and Culture
- Video conference is a modern form of communication over many private sectors. It brings you remote workers that boost productivity& lowers your travel cost. When I compare travel costs & cost of video conference, then you must say video conferencing is a real winner.
Increase your Communication Reliability
- Video conference provides you with the best way to communicate with your team members.
Seven Advantages of video call include
- Saves your time and money.
- No travelling required.
- It Brings you remote workers and telecommuters together.
- More personal and engaging than phone conferencing alone.
- It has increased efficiency and productivity.
- It Cuts down on carbon emissions.
- Improves relationships.
Better video call starts by you considering the following tips
- Mute your microphone
- Proper lighting.
- Pick a non-distracting background.
- Avoid backlighting
- Wear appropriate clothing
- Look at the camera,
- Pay attention
Here are the Top Video conferencing Apps
In this Zoom offers you a video conferencing and messaging option for your desktop and mobiles. It is very easy to setup & offers you tons of facilities to the users. Zoom only provide you with HD video & audio. It supports you up to 1000 people at the same time in a meeting. You can save your video locally or in the cloud. In zoom, there is an inbuilt security option for meeting & your shared file scheduling can be done from Gmail.
- Zoom has a free tier & up to 100 people can join for up to 40 minutes.
- Paid upgrading is also available for business & entrepreneurs.
- Zoom video conferencing is one of the best free video conferencing apps.
- It has rich features with different plans. Prices range from free to primary, which costs you $19.99 for large entrepreneurs.
- The main features of the zoom are unlimited storage & custom emails.
It is available for only G suite customers. Hangout is a very simple tool. It supports you chatting up to 150 people & video calls to 10 people. Hangout is all about speed & convenience used in your browser app is also available for chrome. Due to the Covid19 pandemic, large numbers of people are working from home. It is easy for anybody to work remotely around the world.
- The video conference apps market is part of the Google Hangouts service.
- Hangouts are generally considered to be a part of individual service.
- Google Hangouts can be a useful tool for video conferences.
- It costs you Low depending on your team's G suite subscription, which is starting from $6 per user.
3. Google Meet
Google Meet is the version of Google Hangouts & it is designed around team members for video conferencing. It is formerly known as Google hangouts meet & a part of the G suite office aims to provide the best conference service & specially developed for businesses. It aims to do easier work for their clients.
- No need to download any software, their app is also available in the google store.
- The other big point is that Hangouts doesn't charge monthly as other provider charges & it is a serious first business-class conference platform for any business.
- The Free service of google hangouts is just fine.
GoToMeeting has so many features. It has meeting transcription services & instant meetings or meeting schedules.GoToMeeting is the web conferencing service that provides you with audio and video conference, or screen sharing also. It is mobile-friendly you can start your conference on mobile. There is an option that you can change the settings to maximize call & image quality. Mobile apps are also available in the google store.
- Almost all features are available in the basic payment tier.
- Gotomeeting will cost you $ 14/month or $12 /month with annual payment.
- It supports up to 150 participants. There is a business plan available its costs you $19 per month or $ 16 when paid annually supports you up to 250 users.
- Last, an enterprise plan supports you up to 3000 participants.
5. Skype for Business
Microsoft's popular Skype video conference service is the most crucial video conference tool & Skype is also the strongest app. It keeps you in touch with your friends & family.supports group video calling for up to 50 people. You can use a skype app for chatting without installation
- You can join with an email address of other people & there is a screen share option making it easier for you to focus on who you are speaking with.
- Blur your background if you want. There is an option in skype for recording. If you want more people in your meeting, you can upgrade for Business
6. Cisco WebEx
A large number of team members mostly use it. Cisco's WebEx video conferencing web conferencing and voice calling services, It can't join online meetings or via the phone depending upon participant location & it starts from $13.50 per month. Cisco, your expectations from this app are high & Cisco never disappoints you in your whole life.
- So many Plans are available in Webex there free version is also good.
- It's most crucial advantage is screen sharing & it also provides you private chat rooms.
- You can enable us to hold an HD video conference up to 100 meeting members.
- Whenever you sign up for your account, it provides you a personal URL to use it in all of your meetings to schedule video calls & access to your recording. Desktop apps give you a smoother experience. Mobile apps are also available in the play store.
The free package includes 1GB of cloud storage, unlimited meetings of unlimited length, and the ability to make MP4 recordings. Security is catered for by TLS 1.2 and AES 256-bit encryption, and backed by Cisco's networking know-how means performance is impressive.
BlueJeans is a full-featured web conference app it enables us to launch video meetings anywhere. It allows service of viewing all video conference in your organization. BlueJeans headquarters was in California & founded in 2009. It provides a cloud-based video conference system & doesn't provide you a free tier it gives you 30-day trial free. Three different types of tiers they have
- First, it will cost you $9.99 / month/user. You can attend up to 50 attendees & connect from any device.
- Second, Bluejeans Pro plan $ 13.99 /month/user. It offers you 10 hours of cloud meeting recording to attend up to 75 participants.
- Finally, Bluejeans enterprise plan it supports you up to 150 participants.
There is no need to signup for an annual subscription.
30 Day free trial.
Slack is one of the most popular apps. Its only taken chats. In 2016 slack added 1 to 1 voice call to desktop & mobile apps & after six months, they added video call. You can start the call in a new window & add a notification. In this up to 15 people can join the call, you only video call from desktop, not mobile. Only limited video call settings in Slack you can share your screen with your teammates.
- It is a popular tool used in every organization all over the globe.
- Slack's free account offerings one on one video chat for larger meetings. It has integrated video conferencing features.
Appear.in is a video conference tool that lets you have video conversations effortlessly without any download.PRO supports up to 12 people simultaneously.Appear.in is what all online video conference software should be, making it super easy to set a video call, invite people without any downloads or registration required, just by sharing a customized link, using the browser. The tool is free to have calls to up to 4 people and offers a paid but cheap option (of US$ 9.99) for more customizable rooms, people with recording options, calendar integration, and more.
This service is best for organizations; it provides you a simple method of connecting with a team member. It has anonymous features. In starting, it will be free if your team wants up to 150 users, you have to pay $99.99 per month.
BigBlueButton is the best feature that is perfect for digital learning. During the webinar, you can share video, presentations & audio when you are collaborating with students using a shared noted, polls & chat. Bigbluebutton video conferencing is useful to a virtual classroom.
- It is an open-source video conferencing solution for the online system.
- It's challenging to set up, but it's free & performance is best.
In the Covid19 Pandemic, which allows us to remain connected in this crisis, these apps have played a vital role in spreading information. In this article, this Pandemic shows us how difficult it is to live without technology. All apps are keeping us busy during COVID 19 pandemic so many business& personal video conferences with customers & employees. I explain to you all the video calling apps in this article. I hope you all like it.