Planning to get married? Marriage is a major step in a person’s life and he/she should smartly choose their partner. In a love marriage, you know your partner before anyone else. You have already spent time around each other and you know what they thought. Love marriages are mostly not as complicated as arranged marriages because both people are equally able to judge each other.
But nothing goes the same with arranged marriage. It is actually an arrangement between two people who don’t know each other and later fall in love. There are certain things that both marriages have to look at. If you are planning to say “I do”, that simply means you are planning to invest your whole life with a person. So, you have to know your partner first, right? And more than that, you have to see what they actually want and if they are ready to take such a big step in life?
In this article, we will be looking at the questions which you should definitely ask before getting married. These lists of questions will give you an exact idea of your partner is right for you or not.
Start with the basic question
Start with the normal question. Don’t just go with the deep questions, you have to normally go with the normal question such as hobbies or favorite series. These are the basic start-the-conversation questions and the next person will also like to answer them. The conversation will be more fun if they ask the related questions too.
- What are you currently doing in your life?
- What are your majors? (subjects)
- What is your favorite subject?
- What is your hobby?
- Do you love to read? You can also ask their favorite author or favorite book?
- Are you into movies? If yes, then what is your favorite genre?
- Ask him/her about their favorite movie? And also ask the movie which makes them cry the most?
- Is your partner into a web series? If not then there is no problem but if yes then discuss some of your favorite series.
- If your partner loves music then share some of your favorite music and ask them to tell their music.
- The best question is to ask your partner whether he/she is a dog person or a cat person.
- Who is your partner’s best friend?
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- What is the best place to visit? Or what is your dream destination?
Read more – 16+ Signs To Know That He Loves You Truly
Question related to Personal thoughts
Now, after the bit of chit-chat, it’s time to ask some moral values and personal questions. If you have already talked to the person you are engaging with then it’s time to step the next stair.
- Do you believe in a joint family or a nuclear one?
- Will you be able to treat my parents like yours?
- Ask your partner about their thoughts on religion.
- Do they believe in equality or do they support their religion more?
- How would he/she treat a problem regarding the religious-based?
- How much does your partner indulge in the political affair? (this question may play a very important part for the people who are very concerned about the political issue)
- Do you both respect each other’s opinions regarding politics?
- Who is your favorite teacher in the school and why? (this question is always best to ask someone because that brings excitement and enroots the deep memories)
- How much does it matter if you both have different opinions regarding politics?
- What type of marriage they are expecting to be?
- Are they ready to commit and take responsibility for the marriage?
- Will they have any specific plans regarding the marriage?
- Does your past affect your partner?
- Who is the closest person in their life?
- Who is their best friend?
- What are they likely to do in the free time?
- What is something they really like inside a person?
- What moral values do they like to see in their partner?
- Which are the things that they hate most in someone?
- What are their pet peeves?
- What is your opinion about the current events happening around the world?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
Questions regarding your partner
After this, it is really important to know what kind of your partner is actually. The world is vast and everybody is different. Their preferences and likes and dislikes are different. So, before marrying a person, it is important to know about themselves.
- Are you introvert or extrovert?
- How will you define yourself?
- Three words that will explain your personality?
- What is the best thing about yourself?
- What is the thing that you always want to change about yourself but fails?
- How will you define your life?
- What are your expectations with yourself?
- Are you happy with what you are today?
- If you want to make yourself better, how will you? What are the things you will majorly focus on?
- How often do you make changes in your life?
- Are you a lazy or active person?
- Are you a morning person?
- Do you believe in physical fitness?
- How often do you go to the gym or do some exercise?
- Are you concerned about your body?
- Do you have any insecurities which are important to know before marriage?
- Are you a party animal or like to stay at home?
- What do you do on the weekends?
- How often do you travel in your life?
- What are the things you most care about in your life and want me to also be concerned about?
Questions regarding the marriage
The next section lies in the personal interest and choices of your partner. It is the one step ahead and this one is more like a genuine talk about the future. After asking the above questions you are sure whether or not you will be able to make contact with this person or not.
The thought about this person sets right in your mind and you are sure about him/her. Spending your life with someone who matches the same energy and thoughts with you is important. Sometimes, these differences lay in the way of relationships, and their starts conflicts. So, it is important to ask everything beforehand. Now, the next stair is to ask about marriage.
- What are your thoughts regarding this marriage?
- Are you comfortable in marrying an unknown guy?
- Is there anything that I need to know about you regarding this marriage?
- Are you ready for this marriage in your own will or whether your parents are forcing you?
- Is there someone you love?
- What do you think about becoming a friend first then a couple?
- What are your expectations with me?
- What do you think of me as a husband?
- What are your opinions regarding arranged marriage?
- Will you be able to give your 100% for this marriage?
- Are you a calm or aggressive person?
- If there will be any conflicts between us in the future, how will you handle it?
Questions regarding Future and Children
If you and your partner are sure that you both are right for each other then you should definitely look forward. Now coming with the next thing on this list is future planning and children. This topic is the most important one because we don’t know what other people think about it. Marriage involves responsibilities and also physical intimacy at a point. In a report, there is a study that shows that women are most insecure physically after getting married. There are many women who feel hesitations in having sex with their partner because of trust issues. So, how to deal with it.
You have to have children at some point in your life and this has to be asked beforehand. There are personal choices of a woman and men in a relationship and both have expectations with each other regarding their future. So, be assured what they are looking for in a marriage.
- What are your opinions about children?
- Do you like kids?
- Are you comfortable around babies?
- How much time will you want to invest in this marriage?
- After how much time will you like to have kids?
- Are you comfortable investing your time during your wife’s pregnancy?
- How will you deal with the mood swings of your wife during her pregnancy?
- As a wife, will you be able to take the pregnancy nicely?
- Will it be okay to deal with the labor of your wife?
- Where do you want to raise your kids?
- Are you comfortable becoming pregnant in other ways?
- What are your thoughts about Adopting the kid?
- What are the things you were left out of in your childhood?
- How would you like to raise your kids in comparison to what your parents did?
- Do you think that your parents have raised you well?
- What are the things you took from your parents that you will surely use during our parenting time?
- What are the things you don’t like about your parent’s parenting?
- Are you able to love my parents just like yours?
- Do you like my family? Is there anything you don’t like about them but are afraid to tell me?
- What moral values do you like to have in your child for sure?
Questions related to job
Career plays an important role because it is a support system to run a family. It is my unpopular opinion but every person needs to earn a good living so that they can live a happy life and can provide a sufficient need for their family. While it is also true that money can’t buy you happiness but it can make you the way to become happy. For many people, the same financial status matters during an arranged marriage. It is the sad reality of this society but everyone needs a good-earning partner so that they can equally help each other but there is no wrong in it, right?
- What are you passionate about?
- Do you love your job?
- What are your opinions about your wife working after marriage?
- Where do you see yourself in your career after 10 years?
- Do you love your job? Or is it just your way of being financially stable?
- Is your family okay with your wife working even after marriage?
- Will I be allowed to work during my post-pregnancy?
- What if we both have to move to another city because of our job?
- What do you want, more salary or less salary but your kind of job?
- Does money matter to you?
- Are you determined for your job?
- Do you believe in growth in the career? And how will you explain this?
- What really matters more, work or your personal life?
- Do you save your money?
- Are you able to meet your basic demands?
- Will our different jobs ever make a hurdle in our life?
- Will you ever interact with my work people?
- Do you want me to become more confident around your colleagues?
- How much does your job matter to you?
- What do you want as soon as you come home after work?
Read More – 25+ Best Chocolates For Your Valentine’s Day
The list of questions can help you to understand the person really better. I have created the list according to the steps and they are not gender-based. Both men and women can ask these questions with their future partners before marriage. Marriage is a really big deal and it is really important to make things clear before marriage. There are many times when the person is left out with certain questions and it becomes important to understand these things.
Liked this article? If you have any concerns regarding your relationship life, marriage, work problem or work problem then feel free to comment to us down. We will reply within 24 hours 🙂 because we are always here to serve our lovely readers.